Why should you use mens drapes even if you’re working primarily with women?
Let’s set the scene here.
If you have a starter drape set from us already, they are all block colours, all in the same mercerised cotton fabric which all feels exactly the same.
This was done deliberately, to cut down on the possibility of clients saying, ‘But it reflects against my face because it’s a glossy fabric’ and all those other wonderful insights that used to come up in consultations when we didn’t know any better.
Ah, halcyon days.
So, why not add a few interesting variables in texture and colour combinations to your collection?
Here are my 6 Top Tips:
- Many ladies need to consider suit fabrics for their professional lives
- Some of your style personalities will be so much happier in more formal attire. These fabrics will help them experience the look for themselves right there and then
- You need different textures to discuss and demonstrate in your style classes – your kinaesthetic clients especially need to get their hands on these or they won’t ‘get’ what you’re on about!
- You’ll be able to show why some of your ladies should never wear stripes, and why stripes look fabulous on others (the same goes for checks, flecks, herringbones and florals, of course)
- The myriad of colour combinations on one piece of fabric can help you explain how to use colour mixing effectively
- When you’re showing your client her best darkest neutrals, you will have oh so many ‘real’ and different options to drape her in
Browse the mens drapes list in our colour supplies trade catalogue.